HomeKit Engineering Project/Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. The iOS Home team builds the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people work well with the accessories around them. The team is seeking an experienced professional to define and handle the product roadmap for the HomeKit platform and help shape the future of the Apple Home experience.
- 5+ years of meaningful experience in software/consumer-focused product development in product/program management or engineering roles. Experience in Connected Home/IoT space a plus.
- Strong consumer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will succeed
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions – all the way up to executives
- You have the ability to think strategically in driving internal partners to a consensus on important issues, and have a track record of initiating and inspiring change within large organizations
- Deeply detail focused; you believe an outstanding product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions
- Willingness to work in a hands-on, high volume, dynamic, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving outstanding quality
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
As a HomeKit Program Manager, your primary responsibility is to define amazing home experiences. You will be earn the opportunity to build an executable plan that can be distilled into a product roadmap and collaborate with engineering and design. You should have a deep understanding of the overall Connected Home landscape including current challenges and customer frustrations as well as seeing solutions that leap frog what’s in the market today. Our goals are simple, but the task is large; build the most amazing home automation experience in the world that our customers will love. Define and handle the product roadmap for Apple’s home initiatives; collaborating with partners throughout the broader organization. Take part in developing the mid and long-term vision for Apple’s experience in the home. Research and define the future of the smart home experience and the necessary platform capabilities, using Apple’s integrated hardware/software ecosystem. Be passionately focused on the end user experience and ensure customer needs are reflected in product strategy Develop compelling, detailed use cases to help solidify product definition.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.