Legal Counsel, Software Products & Open Source
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to ground breaking and often unexplored aspects of the law. We are looking for you to uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We have a phenomenal opportunity for a hardworking technology lawyer. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, supporting Apple’s iOS product groups as well as providing advice and setting policy on use of open source software at Apple.
- 4+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice and transactional support
- Analyze open source licensing issues, providing guidance on compliance and best practices
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams
- Creative problem-solver who is adept at driving initiatives and building cross-functional consensus
- Best suited for an ambitious self-starter who loves technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience providing product counseling a plus
Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you want to help shape Apple’s policies around open source software? If so, we are looking for someone like you! You will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple’s engineering, product marketing and operations teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple products, including feature/technology development, licensing and related deal work, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance. There will be a focus on free/open source considerations in the context of product development and distribution, and the opportunity to help develop meaningful policy and compliance initiatives in this area.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.