Sr. Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) team is looking for an experienced supply chain professional to partner to drive decision through optimization across process, data and technology. You will have the opportunity to work on transformational efforts to improve the way Apple executes across the Supply Chain. You should have deep process re-engineering experience and be self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Experience optimizing global supply chain and fulfillment processes, with emerging technology is preferred. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. You should also have strong analytical, project management and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization. You are willing to work at both a very detailed and strategic level.
- Proven track record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Broad exposure to supply chain management including Available to Promise/Quotation, Order Management, Logistics, and End Customer Fulfillment.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles.
- Relevant experience working within or leading supply chain projects centered around an SAP environments.
- Deep understanding of key master data that drives Supply Chain execution and supply chain models.
- Proficient at leading multiple efforts simultaneously in a global capability including working with international teams.
- Proficient knowledge in process mapping and other process analysis techniques.
- Experience leading process improvement / continuous improvement initiatives using best of breed industrial engineering practices.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness.
- Proven ability to lead teams with or without direct reports; natural leader and motivator, lead through influence.
- Relevant project management qualifications preferred such as PMP / Scrum Master certifications.
Success requires an individual to think strategically, connecting the dots of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the all key deliverables. You should be self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal guidance in a global, fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. Successful team members are consummate teammate capable of working with cross functional business teams to identify improvements and deliver capabilities that will exceed our customer’s expectations Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Act as an advocate for functional teams to define and deliver solution capabilities (requirements, user-testing, etc.) to support the broader Supply Chain decisioning strategies. 2. Act as a liaison between the functional teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions. 3. Work with functional stakeholders to define and manage business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term strategies. 4. Inspire change by implementing new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach. 5. Provide functional subject matter expertise and through leadership to help inspire innovation. 6. Apply analytical skills to rationalize change. 7. Lead complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding. 8. Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications. 9. Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work. 10. Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior-executive teams. 11. Addresses escalations, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations. 12. Define and implement KPIs for operational metrics. Identify key success measures for projects being implemented.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, MS (in relevant fields like Industrial Engineering, Operations Research etc.) or MBA is desired.
- 10+ years in project and program management combined with logistics, supply chain, fulfillment operations, channel management highly preferred. Consulting background experience is helpful.