Legal Counsel, AppStore
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love tackling big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support Apple’s App Store, Developer Relations, and Developer Tools software. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the people running one of the most dynamic and successful businesses on the planet.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience advising on software, intellectual property, privacy, and technology-related issues.
- Excellent listening, communication, analytical, drafting and organizational skills.
- Loves digging into complex details, handling a variety of matters, and providing practical legal solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and working reciprocally with teams from various disciplines, such as engineering, design, business, and marketing, and at all levels, including senior management and execs.
- Experience with internet services, software, privacy, consumer protection, licensing, international legal and regulatory compliance, and intellectual property law.
- Experience in negotiating and drafting technology agreements, with strong licensing and transactions background preferred.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, loves learning, and thrives in a dynamic, team environment.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for helping to support and advise on Apple’s developer and developer software teams for a wide variety of matters, including feature/technology development, intellectual property issues, data privacy, transactional matters, and regulatory considerations. Additionally, you will provide support for App Store intellectual property disputes and enterprise related matters. You will help review and draft language for product UI, software licenses, due diligence, and customer and developer-facing terms and conditions. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies, and collaborate with a broader legal team supporting Apple.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar