Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has built innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. Join the CoreMotion team to work on the next generation of motion and fitness features. We are a high-energy team that has successfully delivered a wide spread of industry-leading software features including sensor fusion (e.g. device attitude and heading), motion gestures (e.g. raise wrist to light up Apple Watch), fitness tracking (e.g. steps and calories), and many more.
- Problem solving, debugging skills and laser attention to details
- Basic knowledge of programming
- Interested in how things work
- Ability to install and maintain testing rigs running on different operating systems
- Self directed, analytical and ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Strong verbal interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Role requires weekly cardio workout which includes but not limited to jogging, cycling, or other
As a Core Motion technician, you will be responsible for running tests on iOS devices, report issues that are found, and follow up to verify they are fixed. You will also be implementing experimental protocol operating with different kind of measurement systems and report the results in a timely manner. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Typically receives little instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Education & Experience
Requires a minimum of 3– 6 years of related experience