Creative Producer, Apple Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Arcade is the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room, featuring over 100 new and exclusive games, and we're growing our team! As a Creative Producer, you’ll help third-party game developers deliver their absolute best to Apple Arcade subscribers. You'll draw on your passion for game design, as well as your production experience, knowledge of all the games you've ever played and loved, and growing understanding of Apple's hardware and software features to advise game developers on how to best succeed in this new games ecosystem. As the main creative team for Apple Arcade we have a commitment to our developers' success and overall quality. Your drive and passion for creating incredible games will take you into development studios, have you championing our catalog to internal teams, and shaping the future for games at Apple as a whole. We at Apple don’t just build products — we deliver surprise and delight, revolutionizing entire industries along the way. Developers' creativity inspires us to do our life's work here - from amazing technology to industry-leading business practices. Join us, and help leave gaming better than we found it.
- 5+ years in game design/director/consultant roles across any platform (mobile, console, PC)
- 3+ years' experience working with strategic partners to deliver highly impactful business outcomes (internal/first party or external/third party)
- Career emphasis on gameplay design, player experience, and core game loop design
- Near-encyclopedic knowledge of “canonical games” in one or more genres; published content in game design a plus
- Personally designed core features or full game designs from top to bottom that made it into a commercially released product; bonus if that product is available in the Apple ecosystem
- Experience with development on Unity or Unreal Engine, including knowledge of their creative trade-offs
- Experience working cross-functionally - Roles like Creative Director, Design Director, Game GM, Third-Party Publishing a plus
- You love games and the teams that make them!
- Clear, concise communicator in English - both written and verbal
- Business knowledge of Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Willing and able to work in person in Cupertino, CA
- Willing and able to travel to visit developer partners (2x/quarter)
Work closely with select game developers to help their creative vision shine on Apple Arcade. Examples include: Deep dives on playables, control scheme recommendations, in-game feature/update prioritization, concept pitches/analysis, one-to-many design input via formal documentation (eg design guidelines), best practices for first-time user experience. Collaborate with internal Apple teams and advocate on behalf of Apple Arcade developers. Examples include: Game-centric APIs and tools, store enhancements, marketing/promotion recommendations for managed games.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in game design/writing/interactive creative field preferred; equivalent professional, volunteer or other academic experience considered.