HID Human Factors Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Human Factors Engineer to initiate, plan and conduct studies to support design and validation of sensor based interactions for various hardware products.
- A diverse toolkit of user experience research and usability methods, and the ability to select, scale, and adapt your toolkit to a variety of investigative, information-gathering, and analysis tasks
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data visualization
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse technologies in a dynamic, hands-on, and creative environment
- A validated ability to present research findings and recommendations to all levels of partners, including executive management
- An ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Preferred experience in Touch Interactions, VR/AR, Multi-Sensory Interactions, and Biomechanics.
The Human Factors Engineer will work with product development teams to design studies that assess usability risk and provide knowledge on human behaviors to optimize sensor based interaction features. This person will be a member of a team that leads investigational studies. Objectives include: - Clearly understand design and interaction challenges by working closely with engineers and designers. - Collaborate multi-functionally to identify study goal and to develop study plan for the goal - Identify critical attributes for data collection and run data collection tools and process. - Conduct statistical (qualitative and quantitative) analysis of data to formulate insights - Visualize data and findings to deliver results to stakeholders
Education & Experience
B.S. degree required with experience in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, HCI, Data Science or a related design discipline; MS or PhD preferred. In lieu of degrees, 3+ years of experience in related fields.