Program Manager, Retail PMO
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple Retail is seeking an outstanding cross-functional leader to join its Retail PMO team. The PMO team is responsible for managing planning and execution of the most strategically significant cross-functional initiatives for Apple Retail worldwide. We are looking for an influencer and organizer who thrives in an environment of complexity and is amazing at connecting strategy to execution. Are you someone who has high energy but is easygoing, loves collaboration, and is always reaching for something better? Do you want to lead change and do the best work of your life?
- Extraordinary influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Scrappy and inventive, always finds a way forward; eternal optimist with a committed drive for impact.
- Strong business acumen and ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business, develop a deep understanding of business needs, and shape execution plans.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior executives based on evolving priorities. Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo.
- Proven strength in positions of leadership. Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead teams without direct authority. Able to lead teams that comprise both internal cross-functional partners and external partners/service providers.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading strategic planning. Able to engage not just on the how, but also the why.
- Expert knowledge of program and project management. Knows the tools (e.g. strategic frameworks, change management, dependency management, risk management, amazing communication) and when to use them, when not to use them, and when it’s time to create new ones.
- 7+ years experience in program management and/or management consulting role in a customer-centric environment.
Manage and drive planning and execution of large, complex, and strategically significant cross-functional initiatives. Understand Retail’s strategy and engage in conceptualization and planning of initiatives to shape their execution. Mobilize and lead cross-functional teams through execution, launch, and implementation of global initiatives. Drive and maintain senior leadership engagement and alignment, facilitating and supporting key decisions. Implement standard methodologies (e.g. for planning, program, and project management) and help drive adoption of them throughout the organization. Develop strong collaborative relationships as a trusted advisor for key partner teams (e.g. strategy, operations, product management, engineering, marketing, communication, training, and Retail leadership team) to ensure successful execution of initiatives.
Education & Experience
Management consulting background a plus; MBA a plus; PMP or other relevant certification a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.