Cloud Developer -Claris-
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about applying your deep understanding of C++/Java/Linux on the cloud? We at Claris, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the leader in workspace innovation platform, are searching for a Cloud platform Engineer. We have an established product line and large customer base, and we are advancing existing technologies and developing new and exciting products. In this position located in Santa Clara, California, you will design and implement features in our cloud platform, in collaboration with Product Management and Marketing.
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java
- Strong object-oriented design techniques and reusable component design
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals, networking and shell programming, especially Redhat or CentOS
- System Administrator experience or knowledge is a plus
- Performance profiling, ABRT experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge or strong desire to work on cloud infrastructure
- Practical experience with REST
- Good understanding of SaaS
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL systems
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of container management platforms (Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker) is a plus
As a key member on our team, you are responsible for maintaining our technology stack and for crafting new functionality in FileMaker Cloud product. Your flexibility is essential to implementing creative features on time with excellent quality, such as the willingness to learn about the system by fixing bugs. Quality is number one in your mind, and you thrive on building comprehensive unit and end-to-end tests, not only for features you build but also for existing features that need more testing. Your close partnership with QA ensures the top quality of our product.
Education & Experience
Prefer BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MSCS or Ph.D.