Associate Creative Director, Design, Channel Interactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the indirect Channel through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely meaningful role for Apple. We are driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging, and seamless experience. As a member of the interactive team, the Associate Creative Director will be directly responsible for crafting digital experiences that will live in our physical and digital Channel environments. This position involves responsibility for creating innovative and compelling design solutions that can scale across all of our Channel programs, in addition to maintaining consistency across all Channel deliverables and product campaigns throughout the year. It includes supervising and leading Art Directors and Designers in the creation and execution of content and interface assets for third party web-sites, in-store digital signage, creating design systems, and crafting digital asset management tools to be used by channel partners. We require a consistent track record of outstanding conceptual and strategic thinking for web and for native applications, particularly for the marketing and commerce of major brands. Candidate should possess a strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes and are capable of taking on more responsibility with less supervision on sophisticated projects. Comfortability with the operational facets of leading a design group, including staffing and resourcing, and have an outstanding understanding of usability issues with regards to information design. The Ideal candidate will also have the flexibility to oversee a broad range of work, including the creation of new platforms and their corresponding system design, as well as specific user experiences that incorporate a wide variety of content (such as product marketing, merchandising, and seasonal campaigns). Excelling in this position will require a deep understanding of the complete Channel customer journey and the different Channel programs we offer.
- Minimum 10 years relevant (agency and in-house e-commerce) experience specializing in direct or indirect channel experiences, brand, and visual design for the web and iOS devices.
- Experience in e-commerce, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication, as well as familiarity with development and engineering environments and workflows.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work, with a focus on user-centered design.
- Solid knowledge of creative process requirements, including typical time and resources needed to produce efficient quality work on time and to specification
- Experience working in the multi-brand or omni-channel space and using prototyping as part of your design thinking.
- Leading and directing the design of an interactive project from concept through to code.
- Developing innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences which are highly resolved from a formal perspective and meet the objectives of the assignment.
- Solving problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, developers, and with external agencies.
- Communicating effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect.
- Using design software including, but not limited to, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Accountable for successful execution of creative direction on assigned projects. Supervises and manages Senior Art Directors and Art Directors, keeping work load balanced and providing helpful feedback on their work and areas of growth. Regularly reviews creative work with group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction and ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group. Relied upon to conceive of, design, and lead the development of high quality creative work that pushes the Apple brand forward. Collaborates with Channel and Sales teams, product marketing teams, the engineering teams, and executives. Assist with some of the operational duties associated with running the design group (e.g., hiring, staffing, on-boarding).
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Design preferred.