Vision Health Scientist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The display visual experience team is looking for a hardworking scientist to support the development of cutting-edge imaging and display solutions, applications, and technologies for future Apple products. This position is focused on understanding the aspects of visual health and comfort associated with specific display, imaging and sensing technologies. The goal is to enable the development, prototyping, testing and seamless execution of technologies to enable the best user experience of Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Watch, Mac and more. The team features a highly collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters scientific and engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of vision science, health, image processing, color science, neuroscience, and optics. This position is based in Shanghai, CN and requires travel to Cupertino, CA. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- Demonstrated ability to network and build collaborative programs.
- Track record of quality laboratory or clinical research.
- Knowledge of human vision and visual health and comfort.
- Experience in design, conduct, and analysis of randomized, controlled trials.
- Basic understanding of digital imaging and display software and hardware.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
- Establish local research and development collaborations - Design, conduct and coordinate collaborative research programs in visual health - Analyze and interpret research data to define engineering specifications for future products - Evaluate product performance in large-scale efficacy studies - Conduct lab-based user studies in visual health and comfort - Regular travel to Cupertino, CA for progress reports and training (at least quarterly)
Education & Experience
Doctorate of Optometry (OD), Doctor of Medicine (MD) or PhD in Optometry, Ophthalmology, Vision, Psychology, Human Factors, Clinical Science or equivalent
- - Experience with clinical populations.
- - Knowledge of visual optics, optometry and clinical vision science.
- - Background in digital image processing, digital signal processing and sensing technology.
- - Experience with Psychophysics Toolbox, PsychoPy or similar psychophysics tools.
- - Experience with eye-tracking technology.
- - Proficiency in Mathematica, MATLAB or similar simulation and modeling tools.