Senior Tax Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- Minimum 10 years work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a professional services firm providing tax compliance or consulting services.
- Understanding of US compliance for multinational taxpayers under TCJA
- Proven knowledge of international aspects of U.S. taxation as well as foreign taxation
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 and U.S. federal taxation
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, technical communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills with shown ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
Lead the US international tax compliance process, including but not limited to the preparation of Forms 5471s, 8858s, 8865s, 8975, 8990, 8991, 8992, 8993 and 1118 Calculate GILTI, FDII, BEAT, subpart F income, FTC and similar calculations for tax return Identify and implement process improvements Assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax provision calculations and prepare calculations and memoranda to document conclusions Provide technical expertise, knowledge and research to address complex tax issues Support the Federal Tax Audit Group on international issues and related information requests Maintain updated E&P, tax basis and PTEP computations of the company’s foreign subsidiaries Prepare FBAR and other US informational filings Review Country by Country Reporting (CbCR) reports Engage in special projects, including tax planning, mergers and acquisitions and corporate initiatives
Education & Experience
JD, MST, CPA or other applicable advanced degree preferred.