Display Investigation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for an in-region Display Investigation Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual is responsible for delivering a fully validated display system for a production vehicle program.
- Proven track record in the design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic materials and devices.
- Expertise in the electrical and optical performance validation of optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in active matrix flat panel displays strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics, and fabrication processes.
- Deep understanding of display technologies, including performance evaluation, construction, process development, touch, coatings.
- Excellent project management & communication skills.
- Hands-on experience/capability to work with electronic/optical test equipment, R&D lab set-up, and lab maintenance.
- Creative mindset
- Self-motivated, independent
- High attention to detail
- Manage display suppliers as primary technical contact. - Support display validation activities to ensure key milestones are met. - Create display performance specifications based on system requirements. - Deep understanding of optical design and optimization of electro-luminescence device. - Establish optical/electrical test setup to characterize electro-luminescence device and display panel.
Education & Experience
- PhD in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or Material Science Engineering, or MS with minimum 5 years experience.