Information Security Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
This position can be located in Austin (TX), Santa Clara Valley (CA), San Francisco (CA), or Seattle (WA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience managing projects in Agile and Waterfall formats, as well as experience in establishing programs and products.
- You have a minimum 3 years experience in an IT environment with an emphasis on Project Management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to and advocating for standards.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and drive issues to resolution without critical issue.
- You enjoy working independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
- You Must be flexible and quick to adapt to sudden changes and issues.
- Working knowledge of macOS and standard Apple suite programs is a must.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Information Security is looking for a project manager who is able to provide leadership and hands-on management for multiple simultaneous projects. These are large in size and span multiple divisions of Apple; great people management and time management skills are key. In this role, you will assist various DRIs and stakeholders create and run the activity plan, personnel, deliverables, dependencies, and outcome of projects, reporting on risks, dependencies, and budget, while looking ahead to identify upcoming issues and work around them before they impact the project. You will ensure that execution of the project is consistent or exceeds established Program Office standards and deployment, and that reporting occurs on a regular, consistent basis with a high-level of accuracy. OTHER TASKS INCLUDE: - Manages multi-functional Information Security-related projects and assignments - Handle the day-to-day aspects of the project and its scope, including possible conflicting priorities and business interests - Be firmly in the weeds with your partners - Establish relationships and get to know their goals, objectives, and other commitments - Identify resources needed and assign individual/team responsibilities. - Drive decisions, blocking issues, and conflict resolution with neutral, empathic, data-driven communications - Lead contractors, resources and vendors to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met. - Effectively and consistently communicate project goals and objectives and meaningful and difficult/sensitive project information to management, the project team, and the business partners. - Create and edit important project support documents to share with teams that will support new configuration or hardware. - Obtain approval from key partners when the project is ready to be implemented and ensure that all key partners are fully aware of progress, challenges and any updates. - Identify process and project improvement areas, propose solution, carry through to roll-out. - Proactively review surrounding projects for partners and identify resource strain and dependency clusters, follow up on outstanding issues, and assist with issue identification and replication.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent work experience
- Agile certification a plus
- CISSP and related security certifications a plus - Experience with Information Security domain is a plus.
- Experience working on software development or network-centric projects a plus.