Systems Power Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you can do here. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products. Bring your passion and dedication, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. In Apple’s Platform Architecture team, we are looking for a forward-thinking System Power Architect to drive our next generation SoC power solutions. In this highly influential role, you will lead engineers across the company to design and deliver power solutions that leverage our best ideas across the full spectrum of Apple products.
- Understanding of board & system level considerations such as PDN and routing impact on power delivery, battery impedance limitations, TDP and thermal constraints, power vs. performance tradeoffs etc.
- Experience in SoC power delivery for mobile or desktop systems
- Strong fundamentals in analog integrated circuit design.
- Comprehensive understanding of various power delivery components, multiphase buck & boost converters, PMICs, LDOs, charge pumps, voltage references, ADCs & DACs, etc.
- Experience working with Li-ion battery based systems is highly desired
- Ability to work cross functionally to build consensus and alignment between multiple independent teams at Apple
- Excellent interpersonal skills are critical.
As the System Power Architect, you will identify and anticipate key system challenges in power conversion and high current voltage regulation. Work with product engineering teams to understand power constraints and architect power delivery solutions for next generation SoCs. You will analyze and compare solutions, and then drive team insights and architecture forward into system implementation, SoC silicon and power delivery silicon. Optimize power delivery trade-offs such as efficiency, solution size, performance impact, cost, development risk and other system considerations. You will also conduct feasibility studies and work with development teams to deliver solutions.
Education & Experience
BS is required; M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is highly desired