Legal Counsel, IP Transactions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You will help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be able to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. We are seeking a Legal Counsel, IP Transactions. In this role you will handle cutting-edge, novel patent issues in all types of IP transactions in various technology areas. This includes IP licensing, assertions, commercial contracts, and due diligence for acquisitions.
- 3-5 years experience (either at a law firm, government, and/or in-house) in IP law such as litigation, or negotiating patent and/or other IP licenses and disputes.
- Ability to advise effectively all types of business, legal and engineering clients.
- You have an excellent work ethic and collaborative skills
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- You excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
As a member of Apple's in-house IP Transactions team, you will be analyzing and negotiating with third parties on complex patent matters, conducting intellectual property due diligence for acquisitions, engaging in assessment and valuation of patents and licenses, and counseling clients on all types of IP contracts. You will formulate and driving strategy and provide counsel to clients at all levels of management. In addition, you will have sophisticated knowledge of patent law and experience managing patent disputes. Experience negotiating patent licenses and other types of IP contracts.
Education & Experience