People (HR) Business Partner
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of hardworking visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow professionally and support them in work and life. Join us and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. This is a fantastic opportunity for the someone who is interested in pursuing a career in a business facing People (HR) Business Partner role. You will partner with and support the R&D organization at Apple. In this role, you will deliver a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical support and programs on a regional basis to employees and leaders. This position is based on site in Austin, Texas (campus in Westlake not on Parmer Lane).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and matrix organizations
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the clients' needs
- Ability to confidently leverage deep functional knowledge to influence management decisions in a heavy debate and data driven environment
- Coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitation skills are critical
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Comfortable using and crafting Excel spreadsheets with the ability to interpret and provide important insights & recommendations
- Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced and vibrant environment
- Ability to interpret analytics to identify trends, interventions and solutions and the ability to confidently present data and findings to management
- Resourceful, self-motivated and self-assurance to independently make decisions and take action
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees alike
- Strong project management skills
- Some travel requirements
To excel you must be able to cut through ambiguity and approach problems in a flexible and creative manner. You will work with senior People leaders to drive initiatives across teams. You will assist with delivering employee communication and partner with specialist groups to ensure coordination of People strategies and processes. Providing relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organizational structures, retention, promotions and other activities, are key aspects of this role. - Business Knowledge: Displays curiosity along with a depth of understanding of the business organizations, including key business functions and processes and a passion to build business acumen. - Organizational Development and Design: Knowledge of reshaping organizational structure and roles. Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Assist the business in alignment of structure, process, rewards, metrics and talent to assist with the alignment of the business strategy. Advises and influences managers on key organizational and management concerns. - Talent & Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including identifying key talent, org planning, recognition and rewards, performance improvement, and terminations. - Compensation/Benefits: Executes and manages annual performance and compensation planning process. Partners with Employee Relations and Benefits in providing guidance to management on leaves, Short and Going Term Disability, Accommodations, and Worker’s Compensation. - Special Projects: Gives to special and cross-functional projects as needed. Incorporate customer satisfaction in all project activities, with the goal of providing an extraordinary experience. - Learning and Development: Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Apple University to provide appropriate development opportunities to the organization. - People Metrics: Provides insightful reports and analysis of essential People data to line management. Recommends programs and/or enhancements as necessary. - Collaboration & Relationships: Establish relationship and demonstrate core functional People teams (Comp, Recruiting, I&D, ER, People Analytics. Employee Engagement, etc).
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, 6+ years experience.