RF Lab Manager- Hardware Wireless Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our HW Design group, you’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you will be part of the team to innovate new HW design technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless HW design can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet, and we’re looking for a talented individual to join our team as manager of our ever growing lab facilities.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and lab procedures to ensure that laboratories are operated smoothly and safely.
- Experience in lab management.
- Strong communication skills including speaking, writing, listening and interacting.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills for materials, tasks and time.
- Experience in electronic rework and proven ability to solder and work with components in all sizes from 01005 passive components to large BGA type ICs.
Responsible for the supervision of the Lab Technician team and the general management of the R&D Laboratory. Managerial activities include scheduling staff, ordering supplies and maintaining security standards. Set and enforce lab operational policies and procedures. Inventory control, purchasing and storage of lab products and materials. Keep detailed records of lab equipment multiple lab and lab locations. Schedule lab or equipment use time for staff. Collaborate with Facilities and with Environmental, Safety, and Health group at Apple. Coordinate the purchase and use of shared lab equipment and storage.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in EE.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.