Technical Art Director, Interactive, Special Projects
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects team within Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group (Marcom) is looking for a technical art director to lead the design and implementation of cutting edge real time 3D content. Our core team owns the creative development of experiential marketing experiences using the latest in Apple’s emerging technologies. This position calls for a proven track record in technical art production and design for augmented and virtual reality experiences. It requires a keen understanding of state-of-the art real-time graphics and an ambition to produce visually beautiful 3D content while navigating through outstanding technical challenges.
- Candidates should have a breadth of knowledge across the totality of technical art disciplines as well as a proficiency in other areas such as VFX, characters, environments, procedural geometry, lighting, shading, etc.
- Proficiency in real-time, physically-based rendering pipelines.
- Capable of balancing and integrating 3D content for multiple projects at varying stages of production.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and implement new technologies in service of project goals.
- A natural collaborator and mentor who thrives in a group environment and knows how to bring out the best in the team – art, engineering, design, and development.
- Experience in architecting, developing, and extending tools and pipelines.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Zbrush and Houdini as well as MEL and Python scripting a plus.
The technical art director will collaborate with multi-functional teams to plan and execute content production for experiential real time projects that will surprise and delight the public. The ideal candidate understands content workflow challenges and pushing technical boundaries as you’ll be working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies in real time rendering and augmented reality. This role requires finding innovative solutions to technical challenges arriving from continually developing technology as you work to produce high-end visual concepts, rapidly prototype, and deliver performant and scalable production assets.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design / Digital Media / equivalent industry experience