Financial Analyst, WW Logistics/Supply Chain
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Worldwide Operations Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Worldwide Sales & Operations Support (WWSOS) Finance Business Support team. This position supports the team in various spaces within the Sales and Operations Support organization - primarily Logistics, Supply Chain, Retail Fulfillment, Reseller Ops, Business Process Re-engineering, and Supply Demand Management. It is the focal role for many of the key interactions with the business organizations. The scope of the role entails providing financial detail to the logistics procurement team, WW supply chain team, and supporting cost saving initiatives within Apple’s finished goods and AppleCare freight and DC businesses. You will formulate and articulate business recommendations in a clear and concise manner. The role involves managing and driving cost management processes for Apple’s finished goods and AppleCare freight and distribution center spend, which includes cost savings initiatives, product cost per unit analysis and the weekly AppleCare metrics process. The candidate will need to have an innovative edge as we continue to enhance our business support models and look for opportunities to question the limitations in terms of breakthrough analytics and recommendations back to the business, focusing on operational excellence and cost savings. The role requires extensive collaboration with the regional business and finance teams as well as across all groups that the team supports. Ideally you would have previous financial support experience in a global role with a similarly sized company. Previous logistics finance experience or knowledge is a plus. Due to the executive exposure this role requires, the candidate must be able to clearly articulate Apple’s overall strategy for global freight, duty and distribution spend, but also have the ability to dive into the details to drive meaningful action as needed.
- 5+ years related experience
- Demonstrated analytical and logic abilities
- Collaborative: able to build consensus and partner with cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level
- Work autonomously and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience managing process and system development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating business requirements between Finance & IT
- Intrinsic desire to challenge the status quo, improve processes, and make valuable contributions
- THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Previous experience within a multinational company
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Tableau and/or other data visualization systems
- Experience with database design and script writing in Filemaker or similar
- Previous logistics and supply chain knowledge
- Ability to work cross functionally
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: - Provide financial modeling and process management support to the WW Logistics Procurement team for Apple’s annual Global Air Rate Negotiations (GAR) and Global Ocean Rate Negotiations (GOR) - Work with WW and Regional teams regarding cost management initiatives - Managing the weekly cost focused metrics process for AppleCare freight and warehousing spend - Relentless focus on driving critical cost savings initiatives, cost per unit analytics, weekly metric monitoring, other focus areas/emerging issues - Drive and support the business by providing leadership and direction to regional finance teams, regional/WW operations teams - Communicate cost impacts of ongoing projects to the broader finance team - Contribute to process reengineering efforts and seek out new areas of focus - Interact with all levels and departments such as other Finance groups, or IS&T, Facilities, Procurement, Logistics, Planning etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred - CPA/MBA preferred We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.