Writer, Channel Interactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely important role for Apple, with Channel Marcom driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging, and seamless experience. Under the mentorship of an Associate Creative Director, the Senior Writer for Channel Interactive will work with cross-functional teams in both Marcom and Sales to define the Apple presence beyond Apple.com -- including partner websites, apps, and in-store experiences around the globe. This includes, but is not limited to; new product launches, seasonal and brand awareness campaigns, sustaining moments in support of our products as well as platforms and tools to deliver content to our partners.
- You have at least seven years of experience at an advertising agency, digital agency, or in-house creative group for a major or upcoming brand.
- You have an ambitious portfolio demonstrating strategic insight and writing talent through for digital marketing experiences, commerce flows, campaigns, film, and video.
- You love writing and demonstrate a real passion for creating compelling work.
- You are thorough, pay the utmost attention to detail, and create amazing copy.
- You remain curious, ask questions, and dig deep to find solutions.
- You are willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- You are a collaborative team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Create concise, compelling copy that makes complex technologies seem amazingly simple. Develop clear instructional/UI copy for both customer-facing digital experiences (e.g., mobile apps, Web, email, etc.) as well as partner-facing tools and platforms. Craft fun, thoughtful, and captivating headlines that are unmistakably Apple. Work with Content Strategy and User Experience (UX) designers to develop content outlines for new product content. Partner with the Design and UX to craft groundbreaking interactive concepts. Use your voice and influence to articulate ideas and present the work to partners and executives. Mentor new and junior writers on the team. Collaborate with CDs, ACDs, and other writers, as well as Product Marketing and Brand teams to refine copy. Meet deadlines and keep producers apprised of work in progress. Help plan and resource for ongoing roadmap of communications and experience projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred.