Technical Data Analyst, AMP Platform & Data Solutions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a Technical Data Analyst to join a team passionate about Data for Apple Media Products (AMP), which covers the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with internet-scale data across numerous customer touch points, developing sophisticated data visualizations, driving insights from dashboards, and driving efforts end-to-end for key analytics projects. The team’s culture is led by a dream to get things done iteratively and rapidly with open feedback and debate along the way, plus collaboration with Product, Engineering and Business partners.
- 3+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering or Data Analyst role, preferably for an app or digital subscription business.
- You should have a strong and curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action!
- Proficient with SQL languages. Experience with data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Strong product sense with strong empathy for the customer journey and experience.
- Superb communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead work to tight deadlines and balance the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
Develop data aggregations in support of data visualizations and/or data science modeling. Drive standard methodologies for scaling ETL code, consistency for logic, and robust code execution. Assist in the development of an analytics center of excellence for Apple. Manage projects between teams, raising issues when necessary, and driving communications to inform all necessary parties of progress and results. Innovate in the data space by using pushing tools and operations to the next level. For example, how can you leverage Jupyter Notebooks at scale? Identify opportunities to collaborate with various stakeholders, and drive the project to fruition. Develop new processes for data movement, data lineage, or metadata storage. Partner with other Apple organizations on data privacy, data gathering, data governance, evangelizing critical metrics and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or relevant field. Ideally, Masters in related field.