RF Characterization Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. We’re looking for a talented individual to join our team. We support WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, UWB and emerging technologies. As a Characterization Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of automated characterization setups for UWB and WiFi/Bluetooth modules . You will also be responsible for monitoring ATE data from module vendors and correlating it to data from the characterization setup. Focus will be on the creation of the software tools and automated setups. The applicant should be familiar with bench characterization of radio systems (e.g. WiFi system) and individual blocks (e.g. filters, front-end-modules). The candidate will work proactively with the design team, the chip firmware team , test equipment vendors and external module vendors to make sure the setups work as expected. Candidate will also be traveling to module vendor sites to closely monitor module ATE test setup.
- 5+ years experience with RF systems-level bench testing and validation
- Experience in writing automated software routines, test scripts and lab bench test tools
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and oral, with significant cross-functional work experience
- Practical experience in organizing and presenting test data (tables, plotting, slides, etc.)
- Should be well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Experience with regulatory-type RF testing is a plus
- Understanding of wireless communications standards (especially 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax and Bluetooth) preferred
- Hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Spectrum Analyzers)
- Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive attitude
Define, build and validate hardware test setups to characterize connectivity (WiFi/BT and UWB) systems — RF and DC performance metrics Post-process characterization data, present to RF Hardware Design and internal IC Design teams Work with chipset vendor, test equipment vendor and module vendor to achieve above Monitor and report test test data discrepancies between characterization setups and module vendor ATE stations Position require some international travel, not more than 15%.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.