Apple TV Services - Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible. Areas of work include macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management.
- - Support and maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- - Develop, manage and support SRE tools and applications.
- - Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement.
- - Analyze logs and telemetry data by writing monitoring and automation code
- - Provide OnCall support to 1st level production support teams
- - Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- - Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.