Full Stack Web Developer (React/Rails)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer who is strong in React, and also proficient in writing web API’s in Ruby on Rails. Your day to day will be implementing web API’s and integrating them into the frontend application in collaboration with our Product Designer and Frontend Developers. You will also be expected to participate in the feature design process with our lean and talented team. Our application developers are responsible for building an application that enables Apple to manufacture every product. You should be good at anticipating, but not over architecting your solutions. You are able develop clear and simple solutions for complex problems. Once a year you’ll be expected to travel to Shanghai to meet with our in region counterparts and end users.
- 5+ years in a senior role working across the entire web stack with a skilled team.
- 2+ years building robust HTTP API's and backend services using Ruby on Rails.
- 2+ years developing complex applications with SQL based database solutions (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.) at medium scale
- Experience in Docker is expected.
- Experience in Go (golang) is a plus.
- Manufacturing experience or exposure is a plus, but not required.
- A strong desire to produce high quality software through cross functional collaboration, testing, code reviews, and other best practices.
The applications we build are used daily by the people at Apple that design our products along with those that figure out how to make them at scale. This includes; Manufacturing Design Engineers, Product Designers, Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, Supply Chain Managers, along with our Suppliers. We work closely with them to design and architect the best solutions for the challenges faced when making the highest quality hardware products. About Us The Manufacturing Design team enables the mass production of Apple's entire product line from iPhones, iPads and MacBooks to the Mac Pro, AppleTV and Apple Watch. Part of the magic that makes all of this possible is a robust set of applications and systems designed and developed by Apple that support the production of a product from prototype to announcement and beyond.
Education & Experience
BSCS or Equivalent