Human Studies Support Engineer - Exploratory Design Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! We are seeking an experimental support engineer with knowledge of human physiology and experience with wet-laboratory experimentation. The candidate will join a diverse team of innovative scientists and engineers to design, validate, and implement the next generation of bio-sensing technologies.
- Good understanding of human physiology, particularly that of the skin and the microcirculation
- Good laboratory practices, including experience with wet lab methods
- Deep experience with design and execution of human/user studies involving physiological measurement devices
- Experience with physiological data acquisition, data logging, and interfacing computers with laboratory instrumentation for motion control, thermal regulation, and automated data collection
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware or software
- Experience with experimental design and statistical data analysis in one or more scientific programming environments (e.g., Matlab, Python, etc)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In this role, you will chip in to the design and evaluation of a variety of health and wellness sensors and platforms, assist in the design and execution of bench tests and human user studies to provide reliable and substantial data for prototype evaluation, monitor the quality and completeness of datasets returned from studies in progress, serve as a collaborate with internal and external collaborators that support for prototype evaluation, and participate in analysis and interpretation of human study datasets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Masters in biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering or a related engineering discipline. Prior experience with industry research and/or human studies is preferred.