Materials Science/ Failure Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love providing polymer materials expertise? Come join a creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues. In this role, you will provide polymer materials failure analysis support to many teams supported by our Cupertino-based lab. We're seeking a multi-functional team member concentrating on characterization and failure analysis of current and next generation of polymeric materials for our products. You will be responsible for performing hands-on root cause failure analysis and in-depth characterizations using advanced analytical tools, and accountable for recommending corrective action and conveying results to the team and upper management.
- Extensive hands-on experience with characterization techniques required for polymer failure analysis including sample preparation
- Proficiency with thermal analysis (DSC, TGA, TMA) techniques
- Rheology and GPC experience will be a plus
- Expertise in organic molecules and materials
- Demonstrated ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- Data analysis and reporting abilities (Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent)
- Proven understanding of mechanical assemblies
- Extraordinary problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organized and detailed with your lab analyses
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple high priority tasks at the same time
- Flexible and able to quickly change course to meet the needs of the business
- Willing to collaborate closely across the organization
- Enjoys working with a highly motivated lab team
In this role, we depend on your out of box thinking, polymer materials background and passion towards solving complex issues. You should have extensive experience performing analyses of polymers with a wide variety of analytical tools and be willing to work in a dynamic lab environment.
Education & Experience
This role requires 3 – 5+ years of experience in polymer characterization and failure analysis. M.S. or Ph.D. in a Polymer Science and Engineering field.