Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Identity Management Services team at Apple is in search of a motivated Data Analytics Engineer who is self-driven and has a proven track record in design and development of complex, highly available and scalable data solutions using Big Data. The candidate should have a passion for Data engineering, be innovative and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, software design and programming skills.
- Minimum of 6 years in Enterprise application design and development of systems using Java, Spark technology, SQL, Spark SQL in Linux/Unix environment.
- Direct experience with design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications.
- Experience in Java, Spark, Reporting Solutions and related development tools and technologies.
- Experience in configuration, tuning, deployment of Applications such as Tomcat etc.
- Experience in source code management tools like SVN /GIT.
- Experience in relational, no-SQL Databases, other form of Persistence mechanisms and distributed cache.
- Must have experience with relational database models
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking capabilities and also have sharp troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in developing multi threaded programs is required
- Sound knowledge in Unix operating systems concepts is required
This is a hands-on individual contributor role and requires leading the design and hands on development of data solutions to support existing and new features. Additional duties include developing data visualization dashboards and reports using products like Tableau. Responsibilities: Develop detailed analysis and solution designs of high volume data using advanced tools. Write efficient, easy to maintain software that are of high quality Maintain and improve existing applications in response to business needs. Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the software release cycle Assist in resolving application support issues. Identify data patterns and develop ML Models.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree(B.S) or Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 2 years experience
- Experience in HBase, Hive, Pig, Python, application performance tuning is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Spark Jobs performance tuning, optimization is a plus
- Experience in Identity Management & Security is a huge plus (authentication authorization, provisioning, etc.)
- Exposure to Project Management skills and tools.