Sensor Testing, Analysis, & Validation Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently looking for an exception candidate for a Sensors Testing, Analysis and Validation Engineer. As a successful applicant you will be responsible for testing, analysis and validation of internal and vendor provided sensor hardware and software. You must possess a strong background regarding how optical and RF sensors operate and be enthusiastic about being part of a team that will evaluate, integrate and deploy these systems onto production autonomous robotic platforms. You will be asked to determine and develop the best data products from specific modality types such that autonomous systems algorithms can best utilize the products. You will work cross-functionally with sensor signal processing teams, platform system teams, autonomous system algorithms teams and sensor hardware teams. If you are passionate about developing the most from sensor technologies for application to world class autonomous technology apply today! Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- M.S. or higher in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in sensor HW & SW testing, analysis and validation.
- Good fundamental testing and analytical skills in EE, Optics, or RF systems.
- Exceptional HW/SW problem solving skills.
- Very good SW development skills as the position requires proficiency in C/C++ and Python programing.
- Strong algorithm prototyping and development experience.
- Good understanding of optical and/or RF sensor physics and signal processing fundamentals.
- Large scale data analysis and knowledge of statistical techniques is a must.
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Test and validate sensors in both lab settings and real world environments, and develop procedures for early detection of performance impairments. - Provide rigorous and comprehensive evaluation and analyses of sensor HW and SW that goes beyond simple sensor design verification. - Architect, develop and prototype practical and implementable algorithms and solutions - Lead brainstorming and problem solving as needed by sensor HW developers or data consumers (autonomous algorithms team). - Provide systems engineering feedback to sensor modules to update use cases, requirements. - Advise on the trades between different sensor HW and DSP architecture options. - Perform large scale data analysis and generate validation metrics - Deliver executive level presentations. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.