LV Power Electronics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer for the Power Electronics Team. The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of power management electronics of exciting, cutting edge hardware. The position requires a hands-on approach, a passion for exploring diverse aspects of electrical design, ability to collaborate with cross-functional engineering groups, and a willingness to take on risk. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- 5+ years experience as an electronics engineer
- Simulation skills including Spice, MATLAB
- Experience with design, integration, and validation of power electronics circuits and systems for product release
- Experience working in a team environment and being self-motivated to close design issues
- Proficiency with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, high-accuracy multimeters, programmable power supplies, power amplifiers, function generators, power analyzers, electronic loads, logic and spectrum analyzers, data acquisition systems and digitizers
- Ability to articulate design issues in quantitative terms both verbally and with documentation
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
- Must possess good understanding of power conversion techniques and various topologies including (but not limited to) Buck converter, Boost converter and Flyback converter topologies
- Experience with design for manufacturing and product release
- Experience working with domestic and overseas manufacturers preferred
As a low voltage power electronics engineer, you will be driving the implementation of power supplies and power management circuitry from concept investigation and design through successful hardware implementation. • Working as the power system engineer with a larger integration team on a part of the overall hardware design • Driving cross-functional tradeoff analysis when components don’t fit as designed • Defining design requirements and creating schematics/layout from high-level product requirements • Early prototyping, characterization and validation • Circuit specification development and documentation • Presenting designs to a group of diverse set of engineers including EEs, MEs and others • Generating and accepting constructive feedback in brainstorming and design review forums • Ensure conformity with regulatory standards including EMC • Design and building of high-accuracy electronics equipment and configuring complex test setups • Developing test and validation plans and reports • Provide technical support for production issues to debug and resolve
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS and PhD highly valued. This position may require domestic and international travel (10%+) Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.