Web Developer Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do at Apple. Great ideas here have a way of becoming new products, services, and customer experiences in the blink of an eye. Bring next level passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The WebKit Developer Experience team seeks an experienced engineer to work on Web developer tools including the WebKit Web Inspector, Safari WebDriver, and others. We’re looking for engineers with exceptional problem solving skills, a passion for making tools, and a desire to advance the state of the art of Web development.
- Familiarity with pointer-based languages such as; C or C++
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Superior debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
You will work primarily on the WebKit Web Inspector, a force multiplier that empowers developers to create incredible Web sites that perform particularly well in Safari. You will be encouraged to work across all layers of code while maintaining a solid understanding of the Inspector’s architecture. You will design and implement new features and also maintain and debug existing ones. You are a well-organized clear communicator who will work with other WebKit teams to provide tools support for new Web platform features, engage with the Web developer community to understand their debugging needs, and write technical blog posts.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Having any of the following are definite pluses for this role:
- * Experience with community engagement, relationship building, and technical consulting
- * High-level familiarity with web browser engine internals
- * User interface and user experience development
- * WebKit Open Source project contributor