Security Engineering Manager — Secure Transports
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Embedded within Apple’s Security Engineering & Architecture organization, the Secure Transports team’s mission is to protect the confidentiality and integrity of our users’ communications across the Internet. At the heart of an organization dedicated to building the most secure operating system in the world and putting it in the hands of millions of customers, the team is looking for a motivated leader to help push its technologies to the next level. You will manage a team that provides cryptographic networking security across all of Apple’s innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Your team is responsible not just for ensuring communications protection for Apple devices, but also for developing new protocols to be used across the Internet ecosystem. Successful candidates will lead the team to deliver well crafted software, to balance short-term needs with long-term investments, and to grow with the organization’s increasing scope and responsibility. The position also has a strong cross-functional aspect that will require you to interact with and influence many people from several organizations within and outside the company. Designing and developing software for hundreds of millions of users. People who LOVE the products you make. Working for a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything it does. Being surrounded by the most creative, passionate, talented engineers in the industry. Constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use. Not many jobs can offer all of these things. Software Engineering jobs at Apple do, and much more.
- A passion for creating effective and pragmatic security technologies.
- Deep understanding of TLS, PKI, and related protocols.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Clear understanding of operating systems internals.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent teamwork skills. We work with all engineering teams involved in these products, and on all of their code.
Lead a team of software engineers focused on networking security and help define the security properties and architecture for the next-generation operating system. Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing security and privacy while preserving ease-of-use and increasing the quality of the user experience. Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security. Evangelize and drive the adoption of these technologies across the organization.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills.
- Preferred Experience:
- Management of a software engineering team
- iPhone OS and Mac OS X exposure (end user, administrator, developer)
- Effective participation in standards bodies such as the IETF
- Involvement in open source technologies and development communities