Software Development Engineer in Test, Algorithm Performance Characterization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join our CoreMotion team and enrich lives by shipping software that motivates fitness goals, improves health, and enhances the way customers interact with our products!
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, or Objective-C
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience in daemon or embedded systems performance characterization
- Comfortable in learning new technologies
In this position you will be responsible for quantifying the performance of an entire stack of software features end-to-end from the underlying daemon to the customer experience. You will define key performance indicators and work closely with developers and scientists to ensure optimal memory usage, best-in-class algorithms, and more. You will become knowledgeable of our codebase and develop robust test plans to identify bugs, assess the severity of the impact, and communicate clearly across multiple teams to drive solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, further education in Computer Science or related fields
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Experience developing test automation tools or automated reporting tools is a plus
- Experience with iOS, watchOS, or macOS development is a plus