Siri Understanding QE - Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you passionate about innovation that matters? Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? We interact with various engineering teams to identify issues, test requirements and drive the quality of Siri features. You will work with the people who craft the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QE team at Apple. As a QE Manager, you will play a critical role in reinventing ML systems evaluation for Siri. You will be leveraging new approaches to validate integration of machine-learned components and evaluate the effects of training data, dependencies between components, models and non-ML code. You will also be a critical engineering partner working alongside modeling teams to drive global vs local optimization, to warrant against regressions for critical use cases, and to establish a centralized view of what quality should mean for Siri users.
- 10+ years of professional experience or research in a related field
- 5+ years of management experience
- Programming in Java, Python, or other OO language
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (Splunk)
- Experience with Databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Able to juggle multiple projects.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility to respond and react to a dynamic software environment.
- Familiarity with iOS, macOS, shell scripting, and terminal.
- Experience with bug tracking systems and full product life cycle.
- Knowledgable of Client-Server E2E testing.
- Machine learning experience a plus
We are seeking an expert quality engineering manager to lead Siri's intelligent services quality validation (Speech Recognition, Text To Speech, Machine Translation, etc) by developing test strategies, and building sustainable testing solutions that can scale. And individual that will be collaborating with multi-functional teams across the company in driving actionable reports, and ensuring high quality feature releases. This role will collaborate daily with Apple ML teams, analyze results, and reach consensus as we assess the impact of changes and new features, and overall readiness for each release. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact, and influence in building one the most advanced AI systems in the industry.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field