Localization Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re looking for a skilled Localization Project Manager to join the AppleCare Localization team. In this role, you will work closely with internal partners and external partners to deliver localized training content of the highest possible quality. In addition to the skills outlined below, we need someone who truly understands the meaning of teamwork. You will join a team who takes tremendous pride in working miracles and innovating to the greatest extent possible.
- 3-5 years in a localization project manager role, and minimum 5 years in related field.
- Expert with localization tools and translation management systems; SDL WorldServer experience is strongly preferred.
- Project scope analysis and scheduling skills are particularly crucial to this position.
- Deep experience with localization standard methodologies and confirmed experience effectively mitigating complex localization issues.
- Detail focused and have the capability to explain very complex issues to the cross functional team who may not have deep understanding on localization.
- Proven record of managing a variety of file formats and content types such as, software UI, self-paced online training, exams, technical documentation, and multimedia.
- Excel thinking creatively from both technical and culture relevance for all localization projects. Flexibility on all with varying scope, schedule, demands, and complexities.
- Aspiration to work expertly with everyone. If your core value includes integrity, mutual respect, and appreciation to different opinions, you are a good fit to this team.
As a Localization Project Manager, you will support program-based localization requests coming from many different partners with the team. You're flexible, taking on different areas of responsibilities as the team is evolving dynamically. Other responsibilities include: Lead and drive localization projects to the next level from efficiency, quality and cost perspective. Partner with cross functional teams to create the next generation of technology and process for AppleCare localization. You will be technically involved, helping drive bug resolution, and communicating status throughout development effectively. Collaborate to identify content for localizability, identify terminology, reference material, and assess quality of source content. Partner with language team in geo to articulate localization quality requirements. Communicate with vendors and work with Linguistic Quality team to achieve the best quality for Apple’s customers. Balance schedule challenges, query cycles, and linguistic QA. Cultural fit to the team is critical to our collective success. You love establishing relationships, you are a great teammate, and you maintain your sense of humor under all circumstances.
Education & Experience
BA or MA in an area related to localization, project management, or related field is preferred.