People Communications Strategist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In Apple Retail People team, we obsess about the employee experience. In your role as Communication Strategist, you will be responsible to conceptualize, plan, design and produce communications that demonstrate this commitment. As a strategist, you are at the intersection of many functions, are deeply embedded in the People and Retail teams, and are relied on to understand the needs through both a holistic employee and business lens — you see around corners and connect dots. You seek connections and ensure thorough answers, building relationships and navigating organizational complexity with vigor. As a writer and editor, you build strong, focused narratives in which your language and writing shape the story we want to tell. And, you are a consummate collaborator and guide, working with Retail People leaders to develop and shape their ideas, connect ideas to their vision, help them think critically about the content and impact of the message, then translate it into compelling communications.
- Minimum 5+ years corporate level experience in communication design at a global brand/company required, including both written and visual communications
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals
- Ability to grow internal relationships, work effectively within cross-functional teams and lead through ambiguity
- Strong learning and change agility; able to listen, learn and apply insights in changing conditions; adaptable to clients style and needs
- Possess a strong sense for visual design, typography, brand, and color
- Demonstrate attention to detail and interest in continuous improvement
- Comfortable with accountability without control; you are driven by the vision & purpose of the mission with appreciation for the need to influence organizations to go on the journey with you.
- You appreciate and drive to simplify the complex and always come with proposed solutions to challenges.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with organizational change management communications
- Demonstrate clear and concise English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate mastery of OS X, iOS, and Keynote
- Demonstrate expertise in Pages, Numbers, iBooks Author, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with enterprise level communication and collaboration tools such as Box, Quip and Slack preferred.
- Experience working with international teams to define global communication strategies (preferred)
Create and implement strategies and programs to communicate business objectives, culture and values to employees. Design integrated communication and engagement plans by assessing employee and business needs, defining goals, asking questions that reveal root cause, clearly framing the problems to solve and engage partners and creative teams towards a final vision. Possess a strong editorial point of view and narrative ability. Collaborate with the Retail People leadership team to identify communication needs and opportunities to create effective communication strategies. Provide executive guidance and support in order to understand and share leader voices. Partner with Employee Communications, Retail Communications, Public Relations and other departments to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications. Act in a consultative capacity to help Retail People leaders and partners think critically about content and the impact of their message, connecting the message to the ‘bigger picture’. Develop standards, process and tools for standard communications to be deployed by Project and Program Managers across Retail People Resolve challenges that arise during execution and address roadblocks. Be able to define what success looks like by developing important metrics and being able to describe outcomes in clear and sensible ways people can understand and come back to
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Editorial Writing or related field preferred.
- Key Competencies: - Integrity and Trust - Learning on the Fly - Problem Solving - Composure - Listening - Dealing with Ambiguity - Comfort Around Higher Management - Interpersonal Savvy - Creativity - Self-Knowledge