K12 Education Development Manager, US
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s transformed entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. From amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts; at Apple we help enrich people’s lives with through our products and services. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to the job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a K12 Education Development Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership and the day-to-day management of an Education Development team, working closely with education sales leadership to drive outcomes and priorities. The role of your team is to provide business development and to serve as trusted advisors to education leaders and influence them to implement Apple products and services. This is a highly strategic role which requires working across complex environments, being comfortable with ambiguity and making effective decisions. Communicating with clarity is essential as is the ability to form strong relationships with education customers as well as cross-functionally with other leaders at Apple. Knowledge of educational structures, policies and pain points must be significant in both breadth and depth. An understanding of change management and a track record as an influencer are critical to success.
- Extraordinary knowledge of the K-12 education market and a deep understanding of effective classroom technology.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic sales organization.
- Significant experience in business development.
- Team leadership and people management experience either in a corporate or academic setting.
- Excellent presentation/story-telling skills.
- Detail-orientated with excellent organizational, follow-through and training skills.
- Positive and approachable with an ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Takes initiative and can challenge the status quo.
- Business acumen and a track record of successful business development.
- Strong knowledge of the Apple education eco-system and high level of proficiency in Apple products and services.
You lead as a part of the education sales team and drive Apple’s core education business across diverse geographies and customer profiles. You are an inspirational coach and mentor responsible for providing meaningful feedback, professional growth and career development for your team. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to design and execute field sales strategies including business development, demand generation, customer acquisition, and customer nurturing activities. You will develop innovative strategies and programs to drive best practices in the adoption and implementation of Apple products, solutions, and marketing priorities, working with sales and marketing leadership to contribute to education planning, regular business reviews, and program evaluation. You will effectively manage budgetary and human resources to ensure scalability of support and coverage. This position requires weekly extensive travel.
Education & Experience
Preference is given to those with Master’s Degree or higher in education and successful experience as a teacher and school leader. Business experience and background is also important to this role.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.