Technical Course Developer
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you passionate about workplace learning and training development? Can you quickly and effectively resolve learning needs and build instructionally-sound synchronous and asynchronous training materials to meet those needs? The AppleCare Training Instructional Designer works with business partners to identify training needs and build instructor-led, computer-based, and virtual training using ground breaking technology and innovative solutions. You will challenge learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition. This position can be based in Austin, Texas or Elk Grove, California.
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences.
- Training development experience involving adult learners.
- Call center or customer service exposure and experience a plus.
- Experience developing technical training for Apple hardware and software a plus.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content.
- Shown ability to create content for a global audience.
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training environments.
- Proficiency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Quickly and effectively shifts gears to meet changing business requirements.
- Confirmed effectiveness with global and virtual teams.
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences.
- Proven proficiency with Apple operating systems a plus.
- Proficiency with word processor and presentation software applications including Pages and Keynote.
- Exposure to Web authoring and multimedia tools such as basic HTML, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Project management experience a plus.
As an AppleCare Course Developer you will design, create, and evaluate training for Apple Support Advisors covering variety of topics. You will partner with stakeholders to identify training needs, consult on change management strategy. Create computer based and instructor-led solutions using sound instructional design and adult learning principles. Design course learning objectives. Build experiential activities appropriate for targeted learners, and develop valid assessment questions that correlate to objectives. Promote and participate in intra- and inter-team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration. You’ll work in a fast-paced rewarding environment with tight deadlines and minimal supervision that demands high quality, creativity and consistency.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Master's or higher degree in a related field a plus.