Technical Program Manager - Process Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Technical Program Manager, Process Integration Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Here at Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. You will take the lead in driving process integration for a range of wafer fab products, with responsibility for developing, integrating and industrializing robust and high yielding processes with our fab partners. This role has end to end responsibility from initial processing right through to Reconstructed Wafer shipments. Many processes and products are unique. You will work with internal engineering design and the semiconductor device vendors in a small team, meaning that this role has significant scope and accountability. The right candidate will have the desire to work across multiple locations in various continents with our wafer fab partners. International and Domestic travel can be up to 40%.
- A deep semiconductor process background is mandatory, with experience and knowledge of a range of processes. The ability to apply fundamental science as well as practical problem solving to develop and refine unique processes.
- Good working knowledge of semiconductor devices and associated module components
- Strong understanding of statistics applied to process splits and DOEs. Analysis of defect density.
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: constant interfacing with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekends work will be required. The job also requires significant international travels.
- Familiarity with quality systems and control
Within the Operations team, be the Wafer Fab Process Integration expert for CMOS mixed signal and III-V devices. Be accountable for combining individual process steps into a high yielding process flow. - Approve Vendor equipment selection for best product performance and factory efficiency. - Use structured methodologies to ensure all processes and equipment will scale to meet our requirements of high yields, high reliability and high supply predictability at Fab, Module, System and in the field. - Define the industrialization activities to demonstrate process robustness over high volume and process variation. - Conduct PFMEA with vendors and set approval plans based on risk assessment. - Develop and approve iPQC plans with the vendors to control the process. - Program Management of the vendor for process integration. - Reporting to management of risks, mitigation plans, milestone planning and results. - Audit and approve semiconductor devices manufacturers for Mass Production readiness. - Ensure semiconductor devices vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and requirements. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. - Strong contact with vendor factory teams. - Interface with internal cross functional team. - Close coordination with semiconductor devices design team and semiconductor devices NPI project managers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject. 8+ years relevant experience in Process Engineering.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.