Touch Sensor System Architect (EE)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology team develops Sensor solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE and Physics principles.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in algorithms development / signal processing as applied to sensor systems
- Background in control systems and / or estimation theory is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in modeling complex cross-disciplinary systems
- Demonstrated experience with sensor technologies
- Experience with statistical tolerance analysis in a production setting is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages
• Develop and maintain comprehensive, cross-functional sensor system models • Feature definition, block-level simulation, and spec authorship of sensor modules • Development and negotiation of cross-functional requirements to ensure module performance • Development of detailed module architecture specifications • Analyze engineering and production data sets in order to reconcile system models • Work closely with display team to co-develop sensor system models • Work closely with firmware team to develop advanced algorithms to ensure module performance • Work closely with mechanical engineering team in optimizing material and mechanical design trades • Author regular technical communication for executive and cross-functional briefings • Design analysis, characterization, and validation. • Business travel to support product development
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or industry experience equivalent.