Calibration and Instrumentation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. Our organization - Instrumentation R&D - plays a key role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware that they use. Our group is looking for an engineer that will directly responsible for definition, design/ development and implementation of instrumentation systems which carry out calibration & performance validation of the various sensors and technologies. You will be in charge of developing SW that integrates customized and sophisticated instrumentation solutions to verify the performance of Apple devices on some exciting new technologies.
- 5+ years of professional experience in firmware or driver development.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in embedded C and experience working and developing device drivers.
- Exposure to device drivers for common firmware interfaces, chipsets, communications protocols and various SOC blocks, and ARM based micro-controllers.
- A good working knowledge of common debugging software; git, lldb, eclipse.
- Analytical skills to process volume data using tools like Excel / Matlab / JMP.
- Experience in interpreting schematics, and in debugging hardware using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and protocol analysers, and interfaces such as JTAG, SPI, i2c.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia is required.
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- You should have relevant software background, with excellent technical communication skills. Prior knowledge of wireless charging, EE fundamentals, the functionality of sensors, and exposure to automation and motion control would be an advantage. Familiarity with standard hardware protocols such as USB, SPI, i2c, PCIe, MIPI, HDMI preferred.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong software skills, with a strong command of C/C++ or any object oriented language, with a willingness to learn Objective-C. You will work with a team of amazing engineers to develop and deploy mass-production friendly solutions for Mac and iPhone/iPad products. These solutions include stations with scientific instrumentation, software, and algorithms used to calibrate and test Mac products. Starting from the first prototyping phase towards the final engineering validation phase of the product, work with industry talents and multi-functional colleagues to define test coverage, develop calibration algorithms and specifications, before packaging and handing over the validated solution to the operations team for mass-production.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE/Physics + 5 years experience.