Silicon Engineering Technical Writer
Austin, Texas, United States
Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's! Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated technical writer to support a variety of key internal projects. The Hardware Technology environment is dynamic and ever-changing; flexibility is a requirement. Being able to prioritize and react quickly is needed. Responsibilities include working with engineers to generate documentation that enable precise execution of our silicon delivery utilized in Apple's state of the art products.
- 5+ years of computer hardware-related technical writing experience, including data sheets or hardware specifications.
- Good Engineering/technical background and knowledge is a must; prefer BS/BA degree in Engineering or related degree with the ability to grasp and document highly technical concepts, theories and ideas.
- Experience creating documentation using XML tools and technologies (DocBook/DITA, Oxygen, XSLT, XPath).
- Basic scripting skills, such as in Python, Bash/sh, Perl, or Ruby.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Self starter and quick learner.
- Attention to detail, with strong social and organizational skills.
• You will work closely with engineers crafting chips at the core of future Apple products, producing and publishing the technical specifications used by internal hardware and software teams. • The job involves providing tool and content support to engineers: training users, and converting, building, debugging, and publishing specifications. • You will work with the rest of the docs team to define and automate workflows, promote best practices, advise on content-reuse strategies, and document specification guidelines. • You will be expected to bring experience and good judgment to continuously drive documentation and process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems.
Education & Experience
• BS/BA Degree, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field a plus.