EcoSystem Reliability Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you like to break things? Do you ever wonder what goes into making Apple products an amazing user experience? The engineers on Apple's innovative reliability team are responsible for ensuring that our products exceed our customer's expectations for robustness, durability, and reliability. We are looking for hardworking contributors who enjoy working on groundbreaking products and aspiring to make them better. You will be responsible for technical management of multiple development projects to insure our reliability activities are aligned with key program landmarks. In addition, you will collaborate with our world-class technology teams to track schedules and drive resources/materials towards achieving those goals. Does this sound like your idea of a dream job? If so, read on to understand the type of individual who will thrive in this role...
- Extraordinary program management abilities with strong attention to the fine details.
- Good technical intuition and understanding of basic engineering concepts.
- You will work with a very diverse and technical group of collaborators.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills for audiences ranging from technicians to senior executives.
- You will represent the reliability agenda in a multitude of forums.
- We depend on your ability to multi-task and handle numerous projects at once. At times, you will complete tasks and resolve problems in an unattended manner based on your leadership.
- Eagerness to go into unchartered territory and being the team trailblazer. You will often encounter unique technical and logistics problems that require creative solutions.
- Dynamic and "can-do" attitude with a passion to deliver excellence in all activities. Ability to travel unrestricted. You will have opportunities to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Optimizing and tracking development hardware and accessories allocations to fulfill reliability test matrices. - Working closely with hardware and software test engineering teams for production build readiness: module parametric data collection (HW and SW), functional diagnostics, and test scripts. - Organizing FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) with multi-functional teams to identify design risks and mitigations/controls for those risks. - Reviewing reliability test waterfalls to ensure coverage for key validations and supplier plan of record qualifications. - Tracking module schedules to provide reliability data for critical decisions. - Handling our reliability consumables inventory across our facilities in Cupertino and around the world. - Budgeting for our fiscal year laboratory capital equipment expenditures. - Driving post-ramp qualifications on currently shipping products with our project leaders.
Education & Experience
- B.S. or M.S Engineering degree - 4+ years of experience in a related field or industry