Machine Translation R&D Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. The AI/ML - Machine Translation team is looking for exceptional researchers/scientists to develop the next generation of core MT technology to allow our users to communicate across language barriers.
- Expertise in key language technologies including machine translation or natural language processing
- Proven background in machine learning and deep learning including neural machine translation, sequence-to-sequence models, etc.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning toolkits including Tensorflow, PyTorch, Dynet, etc.
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment and implement solutions in C/C++/Java, Python/Perl, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience working with standard MT/NLP toolkits preferred, e.g. FairSeq, Marian, Sockeye, OpenNMT, etc.
- Design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing MT systems preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
You will take part in the next revolution of confluence between machine translation and human-computer interaction. Build significant impact in shipping machine translation technology to real-world users. Enable our users to seamlessly communicate without language barriers or access content in a foreign language through intuitive interfaces. Tackle practical problems related to mainstream adoption of Machine Translation including core technology, learning from user feedback, error recovery and user-interface design. We are looking for people who have a deep real passion for technology and collaborate with a team of researchers, engineers and designers towards making it available in the hands of millions of dedicated customers
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field