K-12 Systems Engineer - Reston
Reston, Virginia, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. We are here to make sure we do the right thing for the customer and provide solutions that fit within their environment. We solve institution and technical problems to ensure success for both Apple and its customers. We provide technical sales consulting and support with the objective of transforming the way people teach and learn.
- You understand that in order to be effective, you need to know your customer's needs and their organization's priorities, initiatives and transformation goals. You focus on discovery of customer details and their current state. You can align all of this information and engage customers broadly - at department & IT executive levels.
- Success is a result of careful planning. To further the customer’s Apple journey, the systems engineer collaborates with the account team to ensure that the account plans include the right technical motions and owns that part of the plan.
- Success depends on your ability to get things done. Your strong collaboration, attention to detail, and technical guidance increases the technical readiness of your customers. This technical readiness is the platform on which your account team builds success for our customers.
- Everything we create at Apple has a story. This means that you can confidently tell the “Why Apple" story to an executive in a conversational manner focusing on your customer's educational goals. This includes your ability to answer common market, educational and technical questions "The Apple Way" during these conversations.
- You know Apple products and services at the right level for the job and continuously update your knowledge. You understand and can effectively communicate how our partners, along with Apple, deliver the best solutions to our customers.
- When an approach to something feels too complicated to be right, it probably is. How a device is deployed and managed affects both IT and end users - often defining how they feel about our devices and impacting their productivity.
- You prescribe deployment practices that yield efficiencies for IT and a seamless user experience - promoting Apple best practices and services.
- Familiarity with Apple's tightly integrated set of programs to enable deployment of Apple products with Apple School Manager, Apple Professional Services, and support with AppleCare.
- You help educators and customers understand the best route forward, and how to make best use of our tools.
- You have a deep understanding of the infrastructure needed to support education environments on Apple platforms, as well as where our partners can provide solutions.
- You are able to help identify a customer's existing investments, advocate for best practices and align resources to accelerate their implementation.
Help schools and institutions to change the way people work, teach and learn. We work collaboratively across Apple, with our customers, our partners and solutions providers to become the trusted advisor on Apple hardware, software and service solutions. Deeply understand our customers’ educational and technical ambitions. We help remove technical barriers and friction points, and enhance customer readiness for our platform. We create new best practices and share them. Provide pre-sales technical support for new, educational Institution opportunities — sharing status and progressing them through to closure. We are the voice of our customers and partners inside of Apple in order to share learnings and successes.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent - College or University degree preferred
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.