Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. We have a diverse, smart team that drives creative thought. By giving the team the resources they need to be leaders in innovation, we are also successful at driving precision. Through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a Engineering Project Management Team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Apple is looking for a Software Engineer with cloud services experience to drive design and implementation of a critical and unique customer-facing Apple service. This is a rare opportunity to own a new set of services/microservices from the beginning within a team with a no-ops culture.
- You have deep understanding of core CS — including algorithms & data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, networking, and concurrent programming.
- We prefer someone with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering, but we are open
- You have experience and insight into designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable cloud services from the ground up.
- You are a versatile programmer in Go, Java, Python.
- You are comfortable in working in a dynamic, fast-growing team environment.
- You can thrive in small team environment with minimal documentation and process.
- You have phenomenal Aptitude to deal with ambiguity, and enthusiasm to help tackle difficult issues.
- You will be collaborating across many participating teams, so good interpersonal skills, will help you success in this role.
- DevOps experience is nice to have.
Our team is looking for a technically savvy computer science professional who is able to work autonomously in a small, foundational team in an ambiguous rapidly changing environment. You should have the strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with other cross-functional teams and the other (mostly non-software) members of this team. We rely on your technical expertise and experience to help and shape our software and define the work.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering is required. Masters Degree in CS or CE is preferred.