Marketing Project Manager- Apple Music and Podcasts
Culver City, California, United States
The Services Creative Communications group lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing efforts for Apple’s Internet Software and Services to ensure the considered development and execution of world-class communications. Our Project Management team is responsible for overseeing the development of timelines, management of the overall execution plans, and provides effective communications for our services efforts. They partner with function disciplines to deliver end to end campaign launches throughout the year. The team is pivotal in partnering with internal and external executives and groups to ensure all projects and campaigns are on point and successful. Our Project Management team drives project timelines and workflows throughout the group. As Project Manager for Apple Music and Podcasts, you have a passion for working with others and understand the cultural landscape of music. You will partner well with key members of the creative, marketing, and business teams to coordinate time, budget, and resources to complete work within program guidelines and maintain efficient reporting to key partners on progress with any changes to the initial plan.
- Minimum of 5-7 years proven project management experience in managing multiple complex projects and collaborating with creative teams in an ad agency environment.
- Marketing Communications, Music Marketing, Streaming Services, Consumer Product and Creative/Design agency or backgrounds preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to process information quickly and in a manner thats is consistent with existing procedures.
- Multitasker who works calmly and efficiently in a dynamic highly-matrixed organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight and rapidly changing deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter confident to take the initiative and carry out duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible who's default answer to problem solving is a resounding "Yes, we can and here's how”.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Must have excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency of Mac OS including Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and other project management software such as Microsoft Office.
- Manage creative projects from inception to completion including budget tracking, schedule and deliverables. - Identify roles and responsibilities at the beginning of the project to ensure all deliverables have the right ownership. - Work with internal functional producers to maintain oversight of all aspects of production. - Manage the connection with legal, business affairs and localization teams. - Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies as required to deliver projects which will be developed externally. - Manage the expectations of partners and leadership. - Promote and enable smooth workflow and communication between departments. - Prioritize, expedite, and call out rush projects accordingly. - Lead and drive regular meetings with the project team. - Be the central point of information for the project including maintaining project status report. - Attend weekly delivery and line of business meetings to share the progress of projects, and understand what the business is doing at the macro level.
Education & Experience
This position requires an undergraduate degree or equivalent.