Technical Program Manager - Optical Components
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As the Technical Program Manager for Optical Components, you will have responsibility for the camera lens during development and support of camera modules to be incorporated into computers, mobile devices and standalone peripherals.
- Experience within optics, precision lens components or related high volume manufacturing and procedures like FMEA, process flow, control plans and yield.
- Technical leadership in communicating project readiness and identifying risks.
- Establish quality programs and manufacturing process control plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered.
- Expertise leading multi-functional supply chain activities for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading to mass production
- Strong management skills with international vendors.
- Utilize DOE's, GR&R, correlation studies and other industry standard tools to identify risks and optimize processes
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and root cause analysis in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with 8D to fix internal and supplier based optical engineering issues. Clear understanding of FACA procedure.
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- High energy, multi-tasker, inventive problem solver, ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Basic understanding of optical lens design with ZEMAX, CodeV tools.
- Familiarity with optical lens testing, i.e. Tri-Optics Pro5/9, IMHR.
- International travel will be required up to 35%
Drive the technical, operational and quality issues related to Optical Lens molding, assembly, test, yield, process and customer failures to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire product introduction cycle through mass production. Bring your expertise in manufacturing and quality management of high precision lens components for mobile devices. You will be able to work closely with suppliers and multi-functional engineers to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering (PhD is nice to have but not required)
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.