Sr. LiDAR Signal Processing Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking a senior LiDAR signal processing engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, evaluating, optimizing and implementing digital signal processing algorithms for optical sensing and ranging applications. You must be well versed and have deep experience in the different approaches for optical and depth processing and be capable of leading others in design and development of cutting edge LiDAR DSP algorithms. You will work closely with signal processing personnel from multiple sensor types, platform system teams, autonomous system algorithms teams and sensor hardware teams. If you are passionate about DSP algorithms for sensors, systems engineering and world class autonomous technology, apply today! Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- M.S. or higher in Computer Engineering, Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or a related field + minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant fields.
- Proficiency in algorithm development in Matlab, C/C++ and Python is a must.
- In-depth experience in optical signal processing systems, detector physics and optical systems.
- Hands on experience with lasers, photonics, optics, fiber optics, mixed signal electrical and Lidar systems.
- Past experience with ASIC development is a plus.
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Architect, design and implement digital signal processing chain from initial concepts to full implementation final product. - Rapid prototyping of algorithm models and simulations from sensor data. - Define system and processing requirements, architect the production signal processing solution (SW, FW, FPGA/ASIC). - Collaborate with FW engineers, FPGA engineers and ASIC designers to ensure proper implementation of signal processing algorithms in product, including verification of implemented signal processing chain with model - Collaborate with autonomous system algorithm developers, HW engineers and sensor architects to define raw input requirements from sensor, and architect and design the final sensor data products, and participate in testing/calibration discussions as needed. - Perform algorithm studies, define test plans, and communicate results to cross-functional teams. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.