LiDAR System Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking a LiDAR integration engineer. In this role, you will get a chance to work on new, cutting-edge LiDAR systems: design, characterize, test, and integrate these systems onto target platforms. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- M.S. in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field + minimum of 3 years of experience in design verification, application engineering and/or product engineering role
- Strong knowledge of optics and fiber optic systems, familiarity of LiDAR systems and first principles preferred
- Excellent hands-on and laboratory skills in building, testing, validation, and troubleshooting of optical, fiber optic, electrical, and/or mechanical subsystems.
- Proficiency in data analysis using Python and/or MATLAB is a must
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
- Design and integrate lidar modules, including but not limited to fiber optics, electronics, firmware, and mechanical sub-assemblies. - Develop specifications for these sub-components - Work with internal teams and/or external vendors to design and characterize these component - Develop calibration and test procedures for sub-assemblies and integrated module. - Define figure of merits to evaluate complete module and sub-module performance in factory. - Troubleshooting of module and sub-component failures. - Define and execute module level LiDAR characterization plan, specify quantitative metrics to evaluate performance and impairments, in lab and real world scenarios. - Technical leadership to identify and drive performance improvements opportunities with cross-functional teams - Vendor engagement and analysis Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.